CAS Continuing Education Information
- The CAS Continuing Education Policy applies to all ACAS and FCAS members who provide Actuarial Services. Actuarial Services are defined in the CAS Code of Professional Conduct as “professional services provided to a Principal by an individual acting in the capacity of an actuary. Such services include the rendering of advice, recommendations, findings or opinions based upon actuarial considerations.”
- Members who are or could be subject to the continuing education requirements of a national actuarial organization can meet the requirements of the CAS Continuing Education Policy by satisfying the continuing education requirements established by a national actuarial organization recognized by the Policy.
- Alternatively, members may elect to meet the continuing education requirements outlined in the Alternative Compliance Provisions described in Section C of the CAS Continuing Education Policy.
- Members must maintain a log of their continuing education activity to document that they have met the continuing education requirements of the CAS Continuing Education Policy.
- Members must certify compliance with the CAS Continuing Education policy at the end of each calendar year, beginning December 31, 2011.
- The CAS online membership directory will be modified to include a heading for CAS Continuing Education; this portion of the membership directory will be available to the general public. The CE Heading will show members as: Compliant, Not Currently Providing Actuarial Services, or Non-Compliant.
- In order to verify the integrity of the information maintained on the CAS membership database on which an outsider might rely, the CAS may randomly audit a small percentage of the continuing education logs for members who have attested their compliance with the Policy each year.
- CAS members who are listed as Non-Compliant with the CAS Continuing Education policy may be subject to administrative and other penalties.
- CAS Continuing Education (CE) Policy (.pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Log of continuing education activity
- Log on to www.MyTRACE.org and track your continuing education credits with TRACE.
- CAS CE Compliance Audit Procedures
- Qualification Standards for Actuaries Issuing Statements of Actuarial Opinion in the United States (Including Continuing Education Requirements)
- Related Articles from the Actuarial Review