2014 Centennial Celebration and Annual Meeting
Using Open Source and Open Platforms to Build Your Company’s Own View of Catastrophe Risk
- How open source and open loss modeling platforms work
- How actuaries can customize damage functions using detailed claims data
- How actuaries can adjust hurricane assumptions to reflect a near term view and the potential impacts of climate change
- How to conduct sensitivity analyses of earthquake parameters and risk
- How to use an open platform to estimate convective storm losses
The audience will be encouraged to make comments and ask questions throughout the demonstrations to maximize the educational impact of this session.